We hope you and your family have been keeping well and are looking forward to
reuniting with your teachers. Yesterday, our Prime Minister announced that New
Zealand will be going into Alert Level 2 on Thursday 14th May. This is very exciting
as it means that Apple Tree Childcare Centres will be reopening on Monday 18th
May and will resume to your normal booked hours.
A key message from the Prime Minister “Schools and Early Childhood services are a
safe environment for children, young people and staff. Additional public health
control measures are in place to prevent the spread of diseases and to support
We hope to continue to work together to ensure that Apple Tree is a
safe home for everyone. I know that together we can get through this difficult time.
At this time Apple Tree Management and Staff have put in place new procedures for
our return back at Alert Level 2. The Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health
have also put clear expectations and guidelines for us all to follow. Apple Tree
Childcare has put few restrictions and measures in place to ensure the safety of our
children, families and staff. We hope our whanau/ caregivers fully support these
approaches by doing your part too.
Covid-19 Procedures for Alert Level 2
Apple Tree will continue to increase our cleaning regime including disinfecting door handles, lights switches and other common use surface areas daily.
– Regular washing and drying of hands continues.
– Teachers will continue to encourage children to cough/ sneeze into their
elbow and follow with effective hand washing procedures.
– Teachers will keep an appropriate distance from children and other staff.
Children will be encouraged to do the same.
– Visitors will not be allowed to enter the main rooms. They will need to stay in
the office/foyer area. (Please follow the visitor procedure that is placed at the
– All Food coming into the centre will be washed with soap and hot water.
– We will ensure to collect effective contact tracing processes for everyone who visits the service, everyday
Sickness Procedures – level 2
Sickness Procedures Level 2 – Recommendations from the Ministry of health.
Any child or staff member showing any signs or symptoms of sickness will be sent
This includes but is not limited to:
– Fever (38 degrees or higher)
– Runny Nose
– Sore Throat
– Any kind of respiratory symptoms
– General feeling of unwell
– Any flu like symptoms
Children or staff who are experiencing symptoms of sickness may not return until all
symptoms are clear with a doctors certificate of wellness. They still must not be
showing any symptoms before return.
Any child, family member or staff member who has been tested for COVID-19 must
stay away from the centre until they receive the results giving them the all clear.
Please advise the manager if your child or other family member is suspected of
These procedures will be reviewed in two weeks or earlier if the government decides
to move out of level 2.
Drop Off Procedure
1. We encourage one parent to drop their child.
2. We encourage parents to stagger their time coming into the centre, this may mean waiting in the car or by the gate.
3. All parents follow the signs placed at the entrance and we strongly encourage social distancing.
4. Sanitizer will be available in the office, all parents MUST sanitize their hands upon arrival.
5. A teacher will take your child’s temperature using an infrared thermometer. Parents and caregivers are to REMAIN in the OFFICE/FOYER at this time. If your child displays a temperature of 38℃ or higher you will be required to take your child from the centre immediately.
6. If your child is well, a teacher will collect your child from the office and take them directly to wash hands.
Children’s temperatures will be checked again at lunchtime.
Pick Up Procedure
1. We encourage only one parent/caregiver to come into the centre.
2. We encourage parents/caregivers to stagger their time coming into the centre, this may mean waiting in the car or by the front gate.
3. Upon arrival all parents/caregivers MUST sanitize their hands and WAIT in the OFFICE/FOYER for a teacher to bring their child to them. Teachers will ensure all belongings are with the child.
4. We will send all drink bottles home to be cleaned for the following day. No drink bottles are to be left at Apple Tree
Philosophy & Mission
To create a warm, calm and loving environment. Giving children the best opportunity to flourish and grow. For that reason, we've created a home away from home.
Helping Your Child Explore, Grow, & Learn
We pride ourselves in the provision of a holistic curriculum that encompasses the Principles and goals of Te Whariki, the New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum. At Apple Tree we encourage and support a life-long love for learning. Our curriculum allows for facilitated and self-directed learning, self-initiated spontaneous interactions and experiences that engage the children as a whole. Problem solving, determination and empathy are interwoven with the essential building blocks of literacy and numeracy – all within a caring and encouraging environment.
What Our Families are Saying
Being the first time parent and raising my son abroad, I not only need to consider whether my child can settle well in a new environment, but also I was concerned about the language challenges (as we speak Mandarin at home) and cultural differences.
I’m very thankful for the effort the teachers at Apple Tree have put in creating a ‘home away from home’ for my precious one. He has developed so much confidence and has formed a strong bond with a number of teachers.
第一次做家长并在国外养育我的儿子，我不仅需要考虑我的孩子是否能在新的环境中安顿下来，而且我还担心语言挑战（因为我们在家里说中文）和文化差异。 非常感谢Apple Tree的老师为我的宝贝创造一个“家外之家”而付出的努力。他建立了更强的自信心，并与多位教师建立了牢固的信任
Kylie – Spencer's mum
My Son had never been under any one else’s care other than mine and my husband’s since he was born. Apple Tree pre school is the perfect fit for our family. With the amazing great teachers and staff, our son was able to have a very smooth transition and we’ve noticed so much growth in him since starting. The staff are so attentive, nurturing, loving and caring with all of the children and the centre always has a warm homely feel which really makes it a home away from home. They offer great activities, art projects, the perfect amount of structure/routine including mat time, meal times and fun outside in the most amazing outdoor area as well as beginning academics to help the kids get introduced to school. I would never want to send my child anywhere else. We have complete peace in mind every day our son is here, which exceeds all of our hopes for what a daycare could be. We wish they had a school program, we would never leave. Highly recommend to all of our family and friends.
Michelle- Kate's dad
The Apple Tree Childcare Centre is a perfect place for our little girl Kate as the teachers are very lovely and friendly and provide a loving environment for her to grow and develop. Every day she spends time with people who genuinely care for her and support her in having fun and growing as a little person. We are really happy with the standard of care our daughter receives from the Apple Tree and want to thank for the assistance and care of her.
Nicky and Nicko - Noelle's Parents
Our daughter Noelle came to Apple Tree when she was 9 months old, and stayed until she turned 5. In that time she laughed and learnt so much with the other kids and teachers. We could not be happier with the kind, loving and nurturing staff, and how they prepared Noelle for the transition to primary school. To quote Noelle, “Apple Tree is the best. 100 out of 100”. As parents we felt supported, at ease and knew Noelle was spending each day somewhere that brought her joy. Apple Tree felt like a home away from home for Noelle, and our whole family made lifelong connections with the staff and other families there. As well as foundational numeracy and literacy skills Noelle learned valuable life skills, emotional literacy, independence, confidence, and interpersonal skills that we still see her enact each day. The staffs at Apple Tree always look for the unique values, talents and personalities of the kids and encourage them to grow their sense of self. We feel lucky to have shred many special years with the Apple Tree whanau.